The Accessible Information Standard (SCCI 1605 (Accessible Information))
As providers of health and adult social care services have new duties to support those who access their services who have sensory impairments and/or learning disabilities. We will:
- Identify the communication and information needs of those who use their service;
- Record the communication and information needs they have identified;
- Have a consistent flagging system so that if a member of staff opens the individual's record it is immediately brought to their attention if the person has a communication or information need;
- Share the identified information and communication needs of the individual when appropriate;
- Meet the communication and information needs identified.